CameleonCaps are globally approved encapsulated pigments and are durable during formulation and scale up. CameleonCaps™ break easily beneath fingertips upon application for dramatic and consistent colour transformation. They keep the pigments hidden within formulations, maintaining a bright white, clean appearance in emulsions, and a transparent visual in water gels.
Once applied, they can be a visual marker to show a fresh active material release. They can be used in hydrous and anhydrous formulations and cold process to hot pour production.
Features & Benefits of CameleonCaps
- Maintain white mass tone or transparency of formulations
- Fast and intense colour release upon applications
- Impart a natural colour on the skin
- Outstanding silky sensorial effect
- Compatible with organic UV filters
- Enable development of dark shades with optimal coverage
- Withstand manufacturing processes e.g. mixing and pumping stress associated with the transfer and filling of finished products
- Color Cosmetics
- Skin Care
- Sun Care
Formulation Tips for CameleonCaps
- CameleonCaps are gradually added at the last stage of formulation preparation, using a simple paddle/anchor type mixer at 70-300 rpm.
- Do not apply shear forces otherwise there is risk of breaking the capsules.
- Incorporation should be done at temperature up to 40°C.
- They can be used in hot pour process during the cooling stage and can resist high temperature of 80°C – 90°C for a short period of time.
- Formulations should not contain more than 20% of glycols and alcohols in total.