Marine Moisturizing Factors (MMF) are 2 products isolated from the Corallina Officinalis Alba (Coral Seaweed). Both total extract isolate affords a number of substances resembling the water-soluble natural moisturizing factors (NMF) of the horny layer of human skin.
Marine Moisturising Factor (MMF) 1
Compounds identified and their benefits:
- 2-pyrrolidone-5-carboxylic acid – moisturizing effect
- lactates – moisturizing effect
- 12-epi-scalaradial – inhibits toxins
- Spermidine – protection of replicating DNA against oxidative injury
- Spermine – regulation of cellular proliferation and differentiation, facilitates regeneration of long term potentiation and protects replicating DNA against damage by singlet oxygen
- 6-methoxy-N-(3-sulphopropyl)-quinoline (SPQ) – minimizes interference of physiological anions
Snow White Coral Algae (Marine Moisturising Factor (MMF) 2)
It serves to provide protective structural firmness on the corium layer through the bio-active ingredients; ability to cross-link with the constituent structural proteins present thereby forming the basis of water balance, the hydro-osmotic barrier of the skin. It assists in improving the tensile strength of the skin and is effective in alleviating dry skin conditions.